The Research Advisory Board provides advice and representation on issues affecting the University’s research efforts. The Research Advisory Board will provide the Director of Research with direct faculty input on procedural matters to enhance the quality of scholarly endeavours and growth of research programs under the Director of Research‘s direction. The Research Advisory Board will be
expected to transcend unit and college lines to promote shared values, and to represent a cohesive point of view to the Director of Research.
With a particular focus on international business and management, we are developing our research as a means of better connecting with the research communities and research infrastructures. This cannot be accomplished by
SSBR alone. We will be working with research infrastructures and projects to see how we can work towards joined-up solutions. Please get in touch if you want to know more about our plans or have ideas on how to further develop our
Office of Research
Dr. Steve Mallon, Director of Research (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mission of the Research Advisory Board
With a particular focus on international business and management, we are developing our research as a means of better connecting with the research communities and research infrastructures. This cannot be accomplished by SSBR alone. We will be working with research infrastructures and projects to see how we can work towards joined-up solutions. Please get in touch if you want to know more about our plans or have ideas on how to further develop our research.
Terms of Reference
The Research Advisory board of Swiss School of Business Research is dedicated to the aim of pursuing the goal of having SSBR recognised as a research centric institution.
The RAB is also determined to ensure the highest levels of teaching, learning innovation amongst the faculty and staff.
The RAB support the SSBR objectives to deliver excellent teaching and on its ability to:
- Contribute to the bodies of knowledge that comprise the disciplines of business, management and economics
- Leverage understanding of these bodies of knowledge so as to have an impact on the practice of management and the professions
- Accept responsibility for developing future generations of business scholars and leaders
- Establishing contact with other research centres in other higher education communities as part of the research network and visibility
Mode of Operation
The RAB achieves its objectives by convening as a collective body twice a year and by breaking into such ad hoc committees and working parties as may be required from time to time.
Members are selected based upon their experience with their research area. The Board consists of the Head of Faculty, an elected Chair, the Dean of SSBR and selected members of the SSBR Faculty. They are appointed for four years, with a prolongation of maximum two terms possible. The Board should not exceed five members.
Three external members are selected to increase the scope of the RAB.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT (RD)
The Research Development office identifies and disseminates funding opportunities, supports development of research teams and submission of large proposals, manages internal research funding programs and limited submission opportunities,
and supports smaller departments on pre- and post-award financial management..
- Funding opportunity listings
- Internal funding and awards
- Individual consultations and searches
- Limited submission competition management
- Convene and coordinate multidisciplinary groups
- Networking events
- Seed funding for idea development
- Liaison with federal agencies
- Strategic alignment of research goals with funding agency's mission
- Non-technical proposal components (description of facilities, diversity
programs, broader impacts, outreach)
- Enhancing graphics and visuals
- Institutional support letters
- Grant writing workshops
- Proposal library
OFFICE OF RESEARCH INTEGRITY (ORI)
The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the SSBR research community by providing administrative support and regulatory advisement to the school’s Academic Review Board (ARB), and Conflict of Interest Review Board. ORI also facilitates the
school and the conduct of ethical research. ORI provides centralized support, education, and policy development to facilitate and promote the responsible and ethical acquisition, use, sharing and maintenance of research data at SSBR. ORI also centrally manages the review, negotiation, and execution of Data Use Agreements that involve research data.
The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) partners with the research community to facilitate ethical research guided by governing policies and regulations.
The ORI’s multidisciplinary team:
- Provides administrative support and regulatory advisement to SSBR’s Academic Review Board (ARB) , Conflict of Interest Review Board,
- Assists researchers with adhering to requirements associated with international research collaborations, including running the School’s Compliance Program;
- Manages the intake, review and approval of Data Use Agreements for research;
- Promotes integrity in research by providing training in the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- Handles allegations of research misconduct;
- Through its Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement program, conducts outreach and education to researchers and staff regarding best practices to facilitate regulatory compliance and required institutional approvals, and performs post-approval monitoring and investigations of potential research-related non-compliance.
There are several avenues available to report compliance and integrity concerns:
- Anonymously via EthicsPoint
- Confidentially to the Academic Director
- To the Vice President for Research, serving as the Institutional Official
We are committed to excellence in all the services we provide. We look forward to working with you.
Student Development Fund
The Dean’s Office provides limited funding for students to present at conferences and regional professional meetings. In order to apply for funding, a faculty member must submit an application on the student’s behalf.
We are searching for fine words. The World needs more of them. You can help.