SSBR SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
APPLICATIONS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
Enter the Business Leader Scholarship Contest for a chance to get a 100% tuition award for your Swiss education. The runners-up get a part scholarship as well
The SSBR Global Challenge
We firmly believe that businesses today can be part of the solution going forward in tackling some of the biggest challenges facing our world today:
Access to quality education
We are looking for bright young and youngish minds who are passionate about making the world a better place and at the same time get access to a high quality Swiss education.
If you have a business project or idea that can have a positive impact in one or more of the following areas we’d love to hear from you:
- Repurposing existing technologies to improve sustainability outcomes in business
- Innovations that reduce waste and improve local environmental conditions
- Promote equity in business and improve opportunities for women and other underrepresented groups
- Creating technologies that can improve access to quality education
Swiss School of Business Research, Zurich, Switzerland, is offering the opportunity to gain an award of a FULL 100% scholarship for a master’s degree or one year of a bachelor’s degree.
The course is 100% online and can be completed anywhere in the world. SSBR is fully accredited by the Swiss authorities.
The winning entry (as decided by SSBR’s Academic Research team) will receive a 100% scholarship.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD
Applicants must produce a business proposal, presented in a 15-minute videoed PowerPoint presentation.
How to apply?
Register, answer a few questions about yourself!
Apply to Swiss School of Business Research (and the programme) of your dreams
Submit Videoed PowerPoint presentation of your business concept
For 2021 edition, the winners will be revealed on the 17th of September 2021, announced via email and other social media channels!
These awards are not application-based. All admitted candidates are automatically considered for this award, with no need to submit SSBR’s online scholarship application form.
Geographic Area: All countries.
Programs: Bachelors (60 ECTS) and masters programmes (90 ECTS)
Description: All applicants are automatically considered for this merit-based award and no scholarship application is required. The Admissions Department will identify candidates based on the strength and timeliness of their admission application and will nominate them to the Scholarship Committee. Candidates that are chosen for this award will be notified of the resolution along with their admission offer.
Selection Criteria: Candidates must demonstrate strong work experience in their country and must have the ability and intention to contribute to their region’s development. Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate difficulties in financing their program of study. These merit-based awards are determined without consideration of an applicant’s financial need. In the event that a beneficiary of this award has a greater financial need, they are able to submit a scholarship application.
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements for the course
Amount: The winning entry will be awarded 100% of the tuition fees for the year. The runners-up will be offered a partial scholarship. Several of these partial awards are offered per program and intake and are dependent on the candidate’s strength and available funding at the time of offer.
Value: €4,100 for bachelors, €5,100 for masters
Please note, this award is not compatible with other aid potentially granted through SSBR’s scholarship application process. If a candidate is granted a scholarship through the application process, only the scholarship of higher value will be maintained.
Terms and Conditions for the Business Leader Contest scholarship.
• Employees of SSBR’s, along with their relatives (up to second degree of kinship), are excluded from participating in the Business Leader Contest scholarship.
• There is no entry fee to participate in the Business Leader Contest scholarship.
• Individuals wishing to apply for the SSBR’s Scholarship will need to ensure that they have their own access to the Internet. SSBR’s is not responsible for assisting with access to websites or for providing other technical assistance to any applicant
• Applicants bear full responsibility for the complete and correct filling in, and submission of, their personal information.
• By submitting an application for the Business Leader Contest scholarship, applicants thereby consent to the publication of their names on the SSBR’s’ websites, if they are shortlisted.
• The Business Leader Contest scholarship is non-transferable and cannot be used by any person other than the successful candidates
• The Business Leader Contest scholarship has a total of 6 grants. One grant of 100% and 5 grants of 50%.
• Each individual Business Leader Contest scholarship grant will be applied toward the cost of tuition fees in the first instance. Tuition fees will be paid directly to SSBR. • SSBR’s reserves the right to bring in third parties that may contribute to the total prize value.
• SSBR’s is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
• SSBR’s will not bear any responsibility for the loss of the Business Leader Contest scholarship, should the organisation be unable to notify the successful candidate, due to any issues connected to his/her e-mail, including, but not limited to, technical issues or non-response.
• A selection panel comprised of representatives from SSBR’s will review and assess the entries. Strong candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an in-person interview via Skype call prior to the final winning selection
• SSBR’s reserves the right to allocate or withdraw the SSBR’s Scholarship at its discretion, should the successful candidate not respond, including failure to provide SSBR’s with any required information and documentation by the deadlines of submissions. After the deadline, all responsibility of SSBR’s ceases entirely.
• The successful candidate consents to appear in relevant advertisements connected to the Business Leader Contest scholarship and future award programs, or to have his/her name and photo or video used for the purposes of promotion by SSBR’s, without receiving any remuneration.
- The information candidates submit will be used to consider their eligibility and suitability for the Business Leader Contest scholarship and to manage the application process and the forwarding prize to SSBR.
- • The decision of the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- • The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation applicable in the Switzerland.
- • Candidates agree that SSBR’s (and any third party authorised by SSBR’s) may use their entries for any promotional purpose. Candidates will retain ownership of copyright in the entry and give SSBR’s (and any third party authorised by SSBR’s) the irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence the entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- • SSBR’s reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of SSBR’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by SSBR.
- • The Business Leader Contest scholarship and these terms and conditions will be governed by Swiss law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Switzerland.
- • Entry into the Business Leader Contest scholarship will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• Participation of successful candidates in the Business Leader Contest scholarship program presupposes and entails unreserved acceptance of all the terms and conditions included in this document.